The night I met Dean at the biker bar in Elgin, I knew we would marry. It took a few years, but we did get married. I had to get something out of my system first and he was there when I was ready and has been there ever since.
George, Tim ’s friend from Columbia, Maryland , must have often worn clothes that matched because I called him color-coordinated. He replied: everyone who lived in that planned community was color-coordinated – it was a rule. I now live about thirty minutes from Columbia and, still think of it as Color Coordinated Columbia.
First close person in my life who died, Uncle Don called me “Little Miss America”. (He had high expectations for my appearance). He was a short man who worked for the railroad and raised Dobermans. His love for me was genuine and he gave me a lasting gift: my name. Note : Don is the one on the left - the shorter of the two. (the other man was abnormally tall)
My (twin) brothers-in-law, Danny and Dennis have been farming just outside Elgin, Illinois all their adult life. Before that their father farmed some of the same land . In less than two years most of the land they farm will become a subdivision for the rich. Their landlords are selling out.
Comments
(What was the name of the bar?)
That cracks me up.