A third Debbie 140 x 365

Debbie
My most vivid memory of my cousin Debbie was the year she arrived at Grandma’s with lice. I see Grandma combing Debbie’s long, hopelessly snarled hair and hear Debbie’s howls (Owwwwww! Grandma, that hurts!) and Grandma’s curse words: (%&$# lice!).

Debbie returned from that vacation with a much shorter hairstyle.

Comments

Otter said…
I did a double take when this photo popped up, it looks just like my daughter. She even thought so!

We had lice once and it was a nightmare. We felt like apes picking them out of our scalps.
Cedar Waxwing said…
It's sad that is the only photo I have of her. Maybe my mom has more.

Yeah, lice are no fun.
Bridgett said…
I think that could be one of those things-I-learned-in-kindergarten type of truisms: lice are no fun. Had it in 3rd grade myself, ran rampant through my class. And then I spent my teaching career avoiding it obsessively.
Mali said…
LOL! I love Grandma ...
Helen said…
Yes, cursin' grandmas are the best.

Popular posts from this blog

George 167 x 365

(Uncle) Don Youngs 62 x 365

Danny & Dennis 149 x 365