Walter (Grandpa) Green Sr. 141 x 365

When my Grandpa Green wasn’t reading a book or completing a crossword puzzle he’d be playing solitaire. I asked him once, what kept him from cheating. His response was “You’d only be cheating yourself.” He didn’t know it then, but that advice gave me the foundation for who I’ve become.
Comments
In a side note, all your photos have given me inspiration. I've gone back through my blog and added some photos with more to come (as I dig them out).
Second, I wish I could get myself to learn how to do the whole photo thing. I am always chasing my tail workwise and it's all I can do to keep up with blogging. Yet I LOVE other people's photos. Hmmmmm.
I wanted to write something special about my grandfather. He may not be the she before me, but he is the reason I am me. Mom and Dad gave me life, but Grandpa gave me who I am. He wasn't much of a talker, but when he did talk, it was usually kinda profound.
Once I got to writing this morning, this one incident would not leave my fingertips. He was so much more than this, but this may be the most important memory. Little did I know that someone else had said something like that years before.
I wrote about him on my cedarwaxwing's nest blog couple of times